Mary Jane Lewis Scholarship information and FAQs
Do you have questions about applying for financial assistance from the Mary Jane Lewis Scholarship Foundation? You’re not alone. We developed this FAQs page to address the most common questions we receive from potential applicants. Scroll through the list of questions below to see if we already have an answer for you. If you can’t find the scholarship information you’re looking for, contact us for help.
Boys are encouraged to apply for a Dafydd Lewis Trust scholarship. You will find information about the Dafydd Lewis Trust scholarship on the website www.dafyddlewis.com.au
Yes, the Mary Jane Lewis Scholarship is equity and merit-based. All applicants are subject to a personal and parental income test. Successful applicants are awarded a scholarship based on academic achievements as well as financial needs.
For applicants commencing tertiary studies in 2023, combined parental income must not exceed $91,036.40 per annum (earnings in 2021/2022).
Your application itself, and any documentation of a personal nature such as a birth certificate, passport photograph or any financial documents attached to your application will be treated confidentially.
Please refer to Equity Trustees’ privacy statement for further details: http://www.eqt.com.au/corporate-governance/privacy-statement.aspx.
- Copies of your parent/guardian’s most recent tax return notices of assessment.
- A signed personal referee statement attesting to your academic history and circumstances.
- Applicant Statement – This is your personal reflection and overview communicating who you are as a person. The Scholarship Council is interested in learning more about your personal interests and activities (e.g. hobbies, sports, other achievements etc).
- A copy of your birth certificate (see FAQ relating to birth certificates).
- Evidence of Australian citizenship, permanent residency or humanitarian visa (if applicable).
- Proof of government allowance/subsidy.
- If you would like to attach any further documents you can upload them at the end of the application.
The closing date for the 2024 round is Saturday 23rd December 2023 at 11:59pm.
Interviews will be conducted in late January 2024. If you are selected to progress to the interview stage, you will be invited to attend by telephone or email a few days before the interviews are held. We will be guided by the prevailing public health advice as to whether interviews will be conducted in person or via Zoom video conferencing, and will keep you advised.